Wellll here's my contribution to Emiro's Share Your Skills event. I don't think mine's really all that helpful lmao... and I apologize for the images being huge, this picture is just a really awkward size.
[click the numbers]
One. The sketch in all its messy glory. I try to sketch in a bright color so that I can see what I'm doing when I ink. Ignore the "B" on his hand; it originally said "Beware of Static" [Crescendo's number one rule] but I ended up changing it.
Two. The lineart. Lowered the opacity of the sketch layer and then went over it in black on a different layer. Done with a brush radius of 2.0 and a start brush size of 0.0%.
Three. Background. Background should always come before coloring the foreground so you know where your light source is and what kind of colors you should use for shading.
Four. Flat color on skin, and the first layer of shading. Ignore my disgusting color palette over there, ahaha... Raye's colors are really not that attractive.
Five. Second layer of shading on the skin.
Six. Eyes. I use a zillion layers on eyes, oh god... Lots of addition and multiple layers.
Seven. Black part of his hair. Standard layer for the flat color, multiple layer for shading, addition layer for highlights.
Eight. The blonde part of his hair.
Nine. Jacket. Pretty much the same process as the hair.
Ten. Colored his pants and the accents on his jacket.
Eleven. Finished product. Added blood to Raye's hand and the shadow's hand. I also went through a really rather extensive process to smooth the picture out juust a tad and dramatize the colors a little bit. Merged all the layers > duplicated the remaining layer > made the duplicate a Hard Light layer > "Blur more" > lowered the opacity to about 15-20%.
Sooo there you have it! D8 waay too lengthy sorry sorry sorry...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow that last part with trying to make to dramatize was actually pretty interesting 8D
your sketch is really clean :<
thanks ;D
and ew no it's not clean at all D8
Post a Comment