Saturday, November 29, 2008

/sob

my book cover looks too much like eclipse from the twilight series and I don't know how to fix ittttt
gonna cry myself to sleep now kk

5 comments:

Regoddy said...

I'm sorry T_T

I think maybe even just flipping it might help, since then the layout wouldn't be so similar. Flipping and moving the title to the bottom?

Autumn said...

flipped the image horizontally and moved the title to the bottom, but now I feel like the entire top of the cover looks bare and the bottom looks too cluttered in comparison

Anonymous said...

Well as long as it doesn't have any twilight related it shouldn't matter. It's not like Twilight came up with the red strings of fate thing.

Autumn said...

I moved the font back up to the top because I just felt it looked like there was too much going on at the bottom, but I kept the image flipped, so hopefully it looks a little different from the first version.

Anonymous>
The funny thing is that my cover doesn't even have a red string on it. It has blue smoke and a butterfly, but I guess the way the smoke was flowing made it look like the ribbon on the Eclipse cover.
It just kind of annoyed me because I tried really hard to make it look nice and then several people kept saying it looked like Twilight hahaha. I was frustrated that it didn't seem creative, I guess.
(it's under Novel Info here if you want to see it.)

Anonymous said...

Oh. Looks nice.