Wednesday, September 2, 2009

lulz

Another WIP. This picture is turning out... entirely different from what I originally had in mind rofl. I guess that's what I get for being so all over the place while drawing it. (lolol I started inking it before I was even done with the sketch wat)
Well at any rate, the whole point of this picture was just for me to do a clean drawing for the first time in forever, so I guess I'm accomplishing my original goal... so far, anyway. I only have Ciel inked, so I suppose I have quite a ways to go /sob
Thank God I'm a hell of a lot faster at coloring than outlining or I'd probably never get a drawing done hahaha.

While I'm (sort of) on the subject of Kuroshitsuji...
I would really like to know why Kuroshitsuji listed under "shotacon" now on MangaFox LOLOL. OH MY GOD IT'S NOT SHOTACON. It was weird enough that it was listed as shounen-ai. After thinking about it for a while, I thought maybe it was listed as shounen-ai because of Grell ('cause obviously that dude is gay), but shotacon? Whaat. I can't believe how insistent some people are about Ciel and Sebastian being a couple. Someone PLEASE show me the page(s) where Ciel and Sebastian actually do something shotacon-related because I would really like to know how the fuck people have wound up under the impression that those two are a canon couple. You can slash all you want, BUT THAT SHIT IS NOT CANON. (yet. /cough. I'm aware of the fact that Toboso Yana wrote Glamorous Lip, which contained a shotacon story, so I understand that Kuroshitsuji COULD go in that direction, I guess. It just seems unlikely to me, because why would she bother with a pen name for her yaoi works if she were going to end up making her stories under her normal name BL/yaoi as well? lkdsjf.)

6 comments:

bear said...

lmfaoshotacon.
I saw a really gay looking page once but I dunno how I'd find it again. XD

And that looks awesome so far 8D
Undertaker, woo :D he's so creepily awesome.
--
Okay, can kangaroos even bake?

Regoddy said...

I haven't read the whole thing, but there were some pretty big whopping SUGGESTIONS in that manga. Particularly, I seem to remember, from the side of Ciel having a crush on Sebastian, maybe.

But calling it shota con is going a little far :< I never got the impression the mangaka meant for us to assume they were actually doing anything, other than pining away maybe.

Picture looks like it's gonna be awesome :D

Anonymous said...

FFF Excited for that drawing. :D

I haven't read/watched much of Kuroshitsuji, but I can see how some people would find it suggestive. But like you said, calling it a shotacon is stretching it a bit. I guess people will think what they want. ^--^;

Autumn said...

Myou>
Right off the top off my head, there are a couple of pages I can think of that look pretty gay LOL. But even though they looked gay, they weren't, so I'm still thrown off by the shotacon category.
This was the obvious page: (x) but that one was clearly a joke, so... not shotacon.
And I thought these two pages looked pretty gay too (x) (x) but obviously nothing really happened because Ciel was like KILL THESE GUYS instead of making out with Sebastian, so yeah still not shotacon lolol

Thanks :D
Grell was originally supposed to be in that drawing instead of the Undertaker LOL.. I dunno how I wound up with the Undertaker instead but oh well :<

Reggie>
I think there are some huge suggestions for sure. I still don't think it's enough to qualify as shotacon though, and even shounen-ai is kind of pushing it in my opinion, since they don't actually do anything romantic at all, hahaha. I feel like the artist just hints at it for fanservicey purposes and it's not really supposed to be taken as them being a serious couple.

zetsumeru>
Yeah, definitely some suggestive parts hahaha. Shotacon just seems like a bit of an extreme category to me. If it had been listed under shotacon when I first found it, I probably wouldn't have even read it because I would have assumed Ciel and Sebastian actually did something together; that category seems extremely misleading imo.

Autumn said...

LOL SHIT SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSES, GUYS. *talks too much* D8

bear said...

lololol those pages are awesome XD they're probably to keep the fangirls/fanboys reading lmao

Well, Grell and the Undertaker are both cool so it all kinda works out I 'spose rofl