Sunday, September 6, 2009

untitled


(click = full-view)

FINALLY FINISHED IT. I kinda wish I had went ahead and drawn Grell too, but... I wanted Ciel to be in the center, so if I had drawn Grell, there would have been four characters, meaning no center. :c
Ah well. NEXT TIME I'LL DRAW GRELL.
It's embarrassing to say that I had to use a frickin color picker for Ciel's hair thanks to my mild color-blindness, hahah... I was under the impression that Ciel's hair was like, dark green? But I guess it's more of a teal/bluish shade.
I'm kinda concerned that my color problem is getting worse LOL.. I feel like I have to use solid blacks on clothes and such because I can't tell the colors apart enough to actually shade black anymore. It's frustrating that it's affecting my art so much now, but.. there's not much I can do about it, I guess.

5 comments:

bear said...

I can't get over how awesome that looks D:
You could've drawn Drocell, too :D *loves him for some reason*
Or Madam Red. I dunno. They both died right away though XD;;
Or like...Elizabeth. Or someone. Then again, 5 characters seems like a bit much, so yeah.
Sucks about your color problem D: I can't say I completely understand seeing as my eyes are like..pretty awesome [no colorblindness and nearly perfect vision, how does that work if I look at the computer screen for hours at a time? Pffft. *feels lucky*]
--
LOL MY WORD VERIFICATION IS SUSHI.

Yi Zhen said...

Sweet jesus, YOU ARE SO AMAZING AT COLOURING.

Such a terrific job on that cell shading, mad props. 'specially on how nice you can highlight hair.

Braid detail is amazing.

Bah, colour blindness :(
Maybe it's your computer screen calibration?
A long time ago when my computer screen wasn't calibrated right, I would be painting weird off white sploches on my art and wouldn't know until Nimi told me LOL.

In a lighter note on colour:
ENDRANCE'S HAIR IS PURPLE.
----
Underpants poke everyone's rectums, boys on mattresses porn

Autumn said...

Myou>
LOL I considered Madam Red, but yeah the five character thing D:.. I think it would've looked cool, but I don't have the patience for that :(

Emiro>
Thank youu <3

I wish it were my computer screen lol ;( I have the same problem irl. Like when I go clothes shopping, I can't tell dark brown and navy blue clothes apart from black clothes at ALL hahaha.

UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU, I am only colorblind when it comes to dark colors, THEREFORRRE I am quite capable of telling what color Endrance's hair is. (BLUE.)

sorikaro said...

;A; I'm not worthy...
*bows down to you*

Anonymous said...

For some reason, Ciel looked like Yuki from Fruits Basket. Great job on the coloring, by the way! ^^