Monday, January 25, 2010

oil


lmao I seem to have developed a bad habit of doodling in class :<

I can't really decide if today was good or bad. Painting was fun, because we actually got to paint, but it was also sort of hectic. It was my first time ever using oil paints, so it was exciting for me! B-but I had a real problem with my colors blending together too much 8( My professor wanted our paintings to look pretty rough, and mine kept turning out too smooth LOL. I was surprised at how easily oils blended together! Acrylics are so different. I have a lot harder of a time achieving a rough look with oils.
I felt like kind of a mess when I went to my philosophy class, because I COULDN'T GET ALL THE PAINT OFF MY HANDS/ARMS LMAO ;__; I had splotches of brown paint all over me, so I'm afraid I looked kind of dirty hahaha... Doesn't help that I smelled sort of funky thanks to oil paints having such a strong smell D:<...
Philosophy was kind of a bore today, because we're still doing introduction crap, so that was sort of just... bleghhh. I can't wait until we're actually focusing on our material instead of talking about "what philosophy is." I was having trouble staying awake throughout that, haha.
Sooo that's about all my day consisted of besides laundry and extremely windy weather. (WIND ADVISORY WTF. MY POOR HAIR.)

5 comments:

Kairion said...

I want his/her hair Q.Q

I feeel bad you had to go with splothces on you arms lol
I wish I knew OSMETHING about art like oil paint and stuff but I'm too obsessed with reading and writing.

Hydriss is the main charater in the exerpts I gave you! T.T DOn't you remember?
She's dark-skinned, has blue eyes, and around 5'10
She would wear those type of pants and sneakers that Noma wore, yet she would never wear ANYTHING to should her midriff unless it was around her hubby-shot-

Autumn said...

OH!! I'm so terrible with remembering names LOL. you'll have to forgive me XD

PriceOfSleep said...

i lol'd at the notes
Emersons my brothers name
*shot~*
:/ oil painted kicked my ass when i attempted it

Autumn said...

LOL
emerson is also a famous American writer and philosopher |D

oils are kind of difficult to work with since they try so slowly LOL. they blend when you don't want them to D:<

PriceOfSleep said...

D: god i know, i got it all over myself and the brushes, water makes it so much worse LOL i was like "OHOHOHshit" *sink is a total mess*