FINALLY got this guy down on paper. (well not paper, exactly... DIGITAL PAPER? you know what I mean.)
He doesn't show up in pierrot for forever, but oh welll. He's one of my favorite characters in the story (even though I've been procrastinating on drawing him /sob) so I wish he made an appearance sooner :< boooo.
Today was okay. We started our landscape paintings in my painting class today, which is sort of... ehhh. I don't like painting landscapes. I wanna paint people! :( But I understand why we're doing this assignment and everything so I'm not going to complain.
I had to laugh because my professor asked me how I thought my painting was coming along, and I told her, "I think it's too messy..." to which she replied with, "NO SUCH THING!!" hahaha. She criticizes me a lot for my paintings being too "precise"/"hyper-realistic" rather than looking like a "painting." BUT I HATE DOING THESE MESSY PAINTER-LIKE PAINTINGS ;__;
Ironically, the paintings I envy the most in our classroom are these paintings done by some girl in one of the advanced painting classes, and they are some of the messiest paintings I've ever seen in my life hahaha. If I do wind up acquiring a more painter-like art style, I hope my paintings look just like that girl's, because her works are fucking phenomenal. I wish I could paint even half as well as her. They look like a complete and total mess up close, but you step back and it's like HOLY SHIT THAT'S ONE AMAZING PAINTING.
As for philosophy, we had our quiz today. Ughhh it was pretty hard. I heard a lot of students saying they bombed it. There were a shitload of trick questions, and aghghgh I hate tricky questions! They really mess me up. I think I missed only one question though, meaning I got a 90%. I was REALLY REALLY hoping for another 100%, but considering the difficulty of this quiz, I should probably just be happy with what I got LOL. It's still an A, so that's alright.
And HOORAAAAY we are finally done with Gorgias!!!! THANK YOU GOD. I don't think I can handle anymore Plato for a long time. C'MERE DESCARTES YOU SEXY THING; SAVE ME FROM THE MONOTONY OF SOCRATESSSS.
3 comments:
i-i-i..now..love..travis...m-may i fanboy? ;~; he looks so gorgeous miss!
ack landscapes >: i bet your paintings are like kickass man<3
much love! do your b-best!
Aww, he looks so sad :< he's so cute. I love your charactersssssss
I love his suit |D
Also, you're like..super good at making it hard to place an age on your 'ageless' characters. He definitely looks 16-20 but it's hard to guess exactly how old he'd really be. [Stop being awesome at everything!]
I BET YOUR PAINTINGS ARE AMAZING.
and I hope you did super awesome on that test
PFFFTTTLOL
SOCRATES NEEDS SOME LOVIN' TOO.
Onions>
LOL thank you ;v;!
noo my paintings are nothing more than mediocre but I'll keep trying until I get better hahaha
Myou>
aah thank you, I'm glad to hear that his age looks okay! I feel like I can't ever get my characters to look like the ages I'm aiming for LOL
SOCRATES ISN'T GETTING ANY LOVE FROM ME, THAT'S FOR SURE.
Post a Comment