Tuesday, August 31, 2010

untitled


(Because I feel it requires clarification, those doodles are all of the same girl. She kind of goes through some style changes throughout the story, I guess.)



Finished two and a half hours of homework, but that was just for one class, and I still have two other classes to do homework for.
My English professor gave me a C- on my diagnostic essay. Because it was just a diagnostic, she isn't actually recording the grade; it was just to give us a gist of how she grades, but what. the. fuck. I was really confident with that essay. I'm like, horrified. I don't think the narrative essay I wrote is significantly better than the diagnostic, and I don't know what to do, because I am honest to God giving it my all in this class. I am doing my very fucking best and I can't do better than that, so I don't know how the hell to go about writing better essays.
I really hate school :(

3 comments:

Regoddy said...

I would definitely go talk to the prof for specific pointers. And yeah, getting a grade back like that when you thought you did well always sucks royally.

Megan said...

D8 I am sorry. I hate it when that happens. That usually happens with me on tests. Which is... heart wrenching. LOL

Maybe try to see if your school has a writing center to go to? On my campus, they have places you can go to get your paper peer-editted for free or they can help you write your papers if you are stuck. If anything, I would try to see how I could improve to your instructor. Good luck~ D8

Autumn said...

Reggie>
Yeah, I had a conference sort of thing with her today, so I got to talk to her a bit more about specifically what she was looking for. I think it helped a little, but... like, when it comes down to it, I still wrote that essay to the best of my capabilities, so I'm not sure how drastically I can improve it LOL :(

Megan>
LOL ouch.

My school does have a writing center, so I'll have to go check it out, I guess *-* Thanks~