Tuesday, September 28, 2010

looking up

I got on an A on my most recent English essay.
I
GOT
AN
A.
This is the professor who grades REALLY hard. Like, it's a joke in the class that she doesn't ever give A's on essays. BUT I DID IT. FUCK YEAHHHH I am so proud.
Also got 100% on my quiz. It was the last quiz I'll be doing for this class, so YESS that is awesome. We're done with quizzes, journal entries, reading assignments, AAHHH I'm so close to the end of this class. I just have one more essay I gotta write (and it's the worst one BUT I'M FEELING MOTIVATED NOW) and then I have the final and I am DONNNNNNNE.

As for art, I was busy with homework all day (as usual) so all I've got is some school assignments.


Okay, thanks to my shitty camera, this drawing looks a lot worse in the picture than it does in person LOL... Like, my camera completely obliterated all the transitions of shades, so it's just like "FOREGOUND! MIDDLEGROUND! BACKGROUND!" and it doesn't look nearly that gross/transitionless in person. The gazebo is also skewed in the picture because the paper was curling. ANYWAY, this is my landscape contour drawing. Drew a playground.

Aand here's some stuff for Design. We're working with CIRCLES now! WOW.

Uhh, lesse. The first four rows, the assignment was basically to draw lines from two different points within the circle, then block in whatever areas I wanted. It got pretty repetitive. Last two rows, I was drawing a force "poking in." (LOL dumb wording but that's what it said.)


I actually had fun with these. First two rows, I was drawing forces pulling out of the circles. Second two rows, I was working with a grid system (so some of them don't resemble the original circle much, BUT TRUST ME, THEY STARTED OUT AS CIRCLES). Last rows were freestyles within the circles. KINDA FUN. I still have another page to go, so I need to go work on that now.

IN SHORT, TODAY WAS PRETTY GOOD. I'm trying real hard to get out of the slump I've been in since school started.

1 comment: