Saturday, December 4, 2010

blah

Test run for my final project in Drawing, done with red and black ink.


(The pictures actually are on the same paper; the page is divided in the center.)
I started out trying to take this draft seriously and make it look as much like the final result that I have in mind as I could, but I was just working in my sketchbook, and the paper couldn't handle ink very well. I expected that but I didn't have much of a choice XD I don't have any other paper available at the moment except for one last sheet of Rives BFK, which I need for the final drawing. So it turned out pretty lazy looking because I couldn't put much ink on the paper without it getting all weird and gross. The top one's especially a wreck because the red ink really was not cooperating with my pen... It kept kind of all sticking in the reservoir of the nib and I'd have to tap the tip of my pen on some scratch paper to get the ink to come down, which resulted in little ink splatters all over the place rofl. I guess red ink is just thicker than black? Or maybe I just got a shitty brand. Either way, it's really difficult to work with. It also doesn't have much in the way of lighter values, even when I dilute it. Black just kinda looks nicer I guess >__> I absolutely need to use red for this drawing though or it doesn't complete the necessary requirements for this project. Ughh I hate this assignment LOL
Wow I ramble a lot.
ANYWAY. I gotta go study cause finals are coming up and whatnot. Godhelpme.

2 comments:

Kairion said...

Holy crap you posted early XD

I like the second drawing :>

Autumn said...

I had a lotta work to do so I posted early to get it out of the way XD

thanks :>