three.
I am like, WAY bummed out right now. I posted this WIP yesterday, you know? and like, aggh.. this comment
Anonymous said...
This piece reminds me of:
http://Chaotic-Muffin.deviantart.com/art/Mephistopheles-103726971
June 1, 2009 3:57 PM
I'm annoyed because I love Chaotic-Muffin's art and I am familiar with that drawing, so it's like, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE HOW SIMILAR MY PICTURE WAS? God, fucking stupid. Like, I was really happy with how that picture was coming out too, but I don't want to post it because it does look painfully similar to Mephistopheles and I don't want people to think I copied Chaotic... Agggh. I don't really know how to make it look different without completely redoing the fucking thing. I am way mad right now :(
5 comments:
I don't think they look THAT terribly similar :< I think you'd be okay if you posted it.
You could also get Chaotic-Muffin's approval if you really find it necessary
freaking amazing sketch as usual :D
ordinary parrots seek optimistic limes
I never understand what my acronyms even mean. Why do they always involve animalsssss?
Make him sitting on something instead of magically floating? :D
I dunno... try, um... background stuff?
It's really not that similar, at least to me. I mean, yeah, I can kind of see how you'd think they are similar, but there are tons of differences. Like KHFanForAll said, try making him sit on something and add stuff to the background.
You don't have to redo the whole thing to make it different~ :]
Not posting something because it's kind of vaguely similar seems a little silly to me. Nothing is ever truly original. You may have had that picture in the back of your mind subconsciously or something when you drew it. I think it's fine though.
They're different people and in totally different styles. They're not even really sitting in similar poses. They're just both floating. There are tons of pictures of people floating around, it doesn't make yours a copy. It's just a common theme, I think.
It looks like it's going to turn out too well not to post it because of that :<
--------
Disturbed Idiots Train Ugly Babies To Rape Animals
thanks for the comments. I was just stressing because if it was similar enough for someone to feel the need to confront me about it, then that's kind of... not good. if someone said something about it on a WIP on my blog, then I'm kind of freaked to think about the amount of comments I'd get about it on deviantART.
as for adding a background, I honestly have no clue what to draw there (which is why I hadn't added one to begin with). to make things worse, the color layers are merged which makes it a complete pain in the ass to alter the background roflmao. :( dslkfjsdf.
Post a Comment