Tuesday, February 9, 2010

crash

To be honest, I am very stressed, frustrated, and discouraged today. I've been trying as hard as I can to be positive, but I feel like I'm about to snap.
I just spent like, three hours working on color swatches, and I'm still not even halfway done with this ridiculous project. I understand the need for understanding how our colors look when mixed and such, but being required to make 144 fucking color swatches seems like nothing short of busywork. I am extremely sick of this project, and I just flat-out do not want to work on it again. My back is hurting so badly from leaning over that frickin canvas... And I have cuts all over my hands (I always do; I'm not entirely sure how I acquire so many -- paper cuts, I guess?), and I cannot explain to you the horrific pain I'm in from having oil paints seeping into my cuts. My professor suggests wearing gloves, but I feel like I don't have as much control over my brush when wearing gloves, so my paintings wind up a bit messy. I'd rather deal with the pain than get marked off for a messy project. (My professor is dreadfully strict about our assignments being clean :/)
I fell asleep while I was doing my philosophy homework... I'm so tired I can't comprehend a word of my reading assignment, and it's really stressing me out.
And I still have commissions to work on, too. Part of me wants to turn down commissions because I am just too damn stressed out to handle any more work, but the other part of me won't accept that as an excuse, because I'm too broke to turn down money right now.
On top of all that, I am still sick and suffering from a bad fever. Wonderful!
I really hate to whine so much, but I just need to vent, I guess.

Needless to say, I have no art to post today. The only thing I have to show for today is a jillion more color swatches or a commission WIP, and both of those are hardly interesting, so I will spare you.

4 comments:

Kairion said...

I had to stay downstairs with my old-ass principal as she gave us work due to our fatass teacher. I got so pissed, I told Ms. Hag to fuck off in sign language, earning respect from some of my male classmates.
God, why is every time my turns from bad to good you have a bad day?
-shoves some luck towards you- YOU NEED IT MORE
What exact type of gloves did he say? Perhaps latex or plastic one since it's like a second skin?
Get better. Have you taken medicine like Theraflu or something? It actually helps.

Caught Dead said...

Awwh man, you sound like you need a break ASAP. :/
I hope things get better/easier soon <33

bear said...

About the everyschoolclosesexceptminething
I totally know what you mean :\ my school's the same exact way.

I hope your classes start going better for you soon<33 :<

Autumn said...

thanks for the comments

kairion>
she said latex gloves or something similar, of course, but I don't feel comfortable wearing even those. idk.