Monday, February 8, 2010

trudging forward

Ohhhhh man today was a really long day.
We got a shitload of snow, and every school in the universe canceled except WSU. Of course! I was really sick this morning and just overall frustrated that my school NEVER FUCKING CLOSES so I had decided to stay home... but I'll be damned if my overachiever mode didn't activate. I suddenly found myself getting ready for school, even though I had quite definitely decided to stay home! Before I knew it, I had already taken a shower, gotten dressed, and done my frickin makeup. Tahdah, all ready to go, AND ALL OF THIS MY BODY DID WITHOUT MY BRAIN'S PERMISSION. The entire time I was getting ready, I was like "FUUUCK GO BACK TO BED YOU FOOL" but the rest of me was like "f u you're goin to school you lazy bum"
So I went to school today :< Almost nobody showed up, but my professors held their classes anyway, so I got super awesome brownie points for showing up kekek. I'm very glad I went today though, because we learned a lot, and it would have been rather difficult to catch up. I feel sorry for the other 90% of the students that didn't show up. lawl. Anyway, so after my ~*ultra fabulous school adventures in the snow*~, I decided to give financial aid a ring because their site was confusing me on how much grant money I was supposed to get in the end. Turns out they decided to only give me exactly enough for my tuition, even though they SAID they were going to give me over a thousand dollars more than that, so I was like "what the fuck man" and they were like, "Um well the federal people sort of made a mistake. They thought you were applying for fall AND spring, not just spring, so they cut your grant money in half once they figured out that you were only applying for spring." I was like, "...okay? I had to fill out like three different things specifically stating I was only applying for spring. how did that happen." and they were like "teehee oops sry I guess we/they were just confused!" I tried to put up a fight because now I CAN'T AFFORD MY SCHOOL SUPPLIES, but they wouldn't budge. Oh, financial aid! Oh, how I love you and your cute little mistakes! :| Not cool, man. On the bright side, my tuition is entirely paid for (so yes, for that, I will set aside my sarcasm and be truly grateful for the money I did receive) and I pretty much have all my supplies for school now so... besides the fact that I owe my dad a bunch of money for the supplies he had to cover, I'm good to go! I just hope they don't fuck up like that next year or this could start really being detrimental to me, since I will be going full-time next year, meaning I'll be having to pay for supplies for more art classes. ANYWAYYY, I don't have any drawings for today... I guess I can show you part of my color mixing project I'm working on?
oh fuck me, this is only 1/5th of the damn thing. SO MUCH CANVAS PAPER. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO COST LIKE $13 PER CANVAS PAD...

Also, this week is spirit week, so Dad was like "HEY. COLOR DAY'S ON FRIDAY, ISN'T IT? YOU NEED WSU APPAREL!!!" so I was like "lol ok" and got a hoodie.

KINDA PLAIN but it was all I could afford. kek. I just needed something black and gold anyway.

2 comments:

PriceOfSleep said...

): stupid mistakes, well at least you got your school paid off, which is good.
lolol i was running on 3 hours of sleep, but surpisingly i was more awake?
=3= rocking that hoodie~ lolol

Autumn said...

LOL weird how sometimes less sleep = more awake. happens to me a lot XD