Luna from Harry Potter, done on Tegaki.
Speaking of Harry Potter, I found out something sort of strange. There's a public library near here, and I guess it's technically a "Christian" library (but it's still just one of the city's public libraries. idk.), so they hide the Harry Potter books in the back because of the whole witchcraft thing. LOL THAT'S KIND OF PATHETIC? I don't mean to come across as a Christian hater (I'm a Christian myself, believe it or not) but shouldn't Christians be ashamed of themselves if they think they have to HIDE books from people? You should be confident enough in your beliefs that you don't have a need for hiding people from things like a CHILDREN'S fantasy book (TOTALLY FICTITIOUS) about witchcraft... especially in a public library where we shouldn't be restricted by someone's religious views.
I dunno, I'm becoming more and more horrified by our growing lack of separation of church and state here in America. I am not at all okay with someone forcing their beliefs on me. And as for the whole WE'RE-GONNA-HIDE-HARRY-POTTER-BOOKS-FROM-YOU thing, isn't that sort of... violating the first amendment? Kinda ridiculous, guys.
4 comments:
I need to reead HP again, yet my mom thinks it's demonic.
They use their abilities for GOOD, though.
They're WIZARDS, not witches. They need to get their facts straight.
naww they're witches too. males = wizards, females = witches. and the school is called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, so yeah I understand that Christians are getting their panties in a bunch over the whole witchcraft thing, because there is witchcraft in the books, but it's just ridiculous because it's harmless and entirely fictional. and I mean, it's not like they promote dark magic in the series; dark magic/Voldemort/etc. is all heavily looked down upon throughout the series and never glamorized, sooo... it's not supposed to be some super evil series like a lot of Christians make it sound LOL.
I've noticed that Christians tend to violate a lot of things like that, haha :< It's kind of sad.
Like, really sad.
Hiding fictional books is a little much. It's not like someone's going to read HP and then suddenly become a Devil-worshiper or something.
aaah, I know! to me, it almost seems like the people who are ultra anti-Harry-Potter based on religious reasons haven't even actually read the books, because it's not some nutty Devil worshiping type of series LOL 8( they just hear "witchcraft" and go crazy, accusing it of being Satanic when it's not like that at all.
Post a Comment