Thursday, September 9, 2010

mission failed



Today was going REALLY REALLY well until my health insurance company decided to be a HUGE DICK.
ok so I called my insurance company to ask about how much they covered on lasik surgery, because I HATE having to wear glasses (I've worn them since third grade; I am fucking sick of them) so I wanted to get laser eye surgery. They told me they entirely covered all eye surgeries, so I was like HOLY CRAP, AWESOME!! and I made an appointment to see if I was a good candidate for lasik surgery.
Went to the appointment today and found out that I was PERFECT for surgery. I was soo excited omg. So I go to schedule an appointment for getting the surgery done, and it just so happens that someone canceled their appointment and there was an opening for Friday of next week. Usually you have to wait like, three weeks for an appointment so I was like HOLY SHIT I'M HAVING SUCH GOOD LUCK TODAY!
The lady told me all I needed to do was call my insurance company and get a referral number and we were good to go. So I call them, and while I was at it, I wanted to be sure about how much money they cover on the surgery, so I asked for clarification on that, and it turns out that the fucker who originally told me they cover eye surgeries entirely was sorely mistaken, and they only cover lasik surgery if your eyes are nearly fucking blind. My eyesight is bad, but not bad enough to qualify for my insurance to pay for it. I can't afford a $4,000 surgery, obviously. So... dammit. Stuck with these motherfucking glasses.

On a brighter note, I currently have 120% in my English class so I guess that's nice lmao. I'm getting increasingly more sad that it's my English class that's only an eight week course. I wish it were one of my art classes LMAO ;__; Never thought I'd hear myself say that, but my art classes right now are all very basic intro classes and they're just torture to be in. My English class, on the other hand, is becoming surprisingly fun. The actual assignments kind of suck (since it's only an eight week course, we have an EXTREMELY fast-paced class, aka A SHITLOAD OF HOMEWORK) but actually attending class is always entertaining. My professor and my classmates are all really funny, so class discussions never fail to be interesting.
So yay, I've finally found a class I like LOL. Just my luck that it'd be the one that ends fastest XD

No comments: