I just got the English version of Zone-00 vol. 1 the other day, and I noticed something kind of odd...
Didn't the original cover have Shima holding a gun to Kujo's head? LOL WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT? I mean, they left the inside illustration alone, and Shima's got a gun to Kujo's head in that picture, so why bother changing the cover? :< The altered cover just doesn't have the same effect, man.
Aw well. At least they didn't censor the hell out of the actual manga. If they'd done that, I don't think much of the story would have been left since it's not exactly the most kid-friendly manga I've ever read LOL 8( guns and panty shots everywhere.
Anywayy I did this style meme thingy I found on dA today |D
It's huge so I gotta link to it.
(to those of you that I tagged, you don't have to do it if you don't want to XD it's fun though!)
POKEMON ART IS DECEIVING, MAN. It looks all simple and easy, but it was the hardest for me to draw D8
blank meme: [link]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
omg omg So can I just be really creepy and say you look adorable in your picture on Deviant Art? :]
Also, random question, why aren't you allowed to use black in your paintings?
FFFF Your meme with the sheep. So cute, seriously. I love your style and I also love how you can adapt to other styles, too.
Sorry for the long comment. D:
Censorship is laaaame D:
Simple is always difficult, man :<
I just don't get it.
--
boxes eat very inconsiderate llamas seeking entrance.
I couldn't find the orginal cover or the censored one Dx
Sheep=cuteness
I love drawing pokemon so much, especially piplup. I seem to be better at simple, but there are rare times I can do complicated, such as drawing Roxas from a scene in the KH2 manga.
WTF MY VERIFICATION WORD IS CRAZIN
Zetsumeru>
aw thank you
black is very bad for a painting!! it often winds up making your painting look dirty and gross. people seem to think that in order to make darker shades of colors, you just add black and you aren't supposed to do that. in any painting class I've ever been in, we have been banned from using black, and if we need black for our paintings, we have to make our own black by mixing colors. it looks less dirty that way.
Myou>
LOL I DON'T GET IT EITHER. the world is full of mysteries!
Kairion>
uncensored.
censored.
the censored picture is sort of low quality, so if you can't tell, the gun in his hand was replaced with a sucker LOL. the censored cover still works, since Shima is young and is often mocked for his innocence (and he is eating a sucker at one part in the story so I guess he also kind of likes candy?), but the gun fits the storyline so much better.
lol'd at your verification
Post a Comment